Thursday 24 December 2015

It's Christmas Time.

It's Christmas time. Hooray. At this time of year it's customary to look back over and reflect on the previous year. And at Christmas I'm not one to mess about with customs. (One of our family's customs is to have ready salted crisps with our Christmas dinner. Covered in gravy. Gorgeous.)




This year has been a year of big changes for me, especially with taking up art full time. So how's that going? Very well, thanks for asking. I went through a period about a month and a half after I'd started where I felt the need to be around people at weekends and in the evenings due to being on my own all day. I've always thought of myself as not being the most social of people so this came as a surprise. I was sure that after this trial year I would have to get at least a part time job, just to have more contact with other people. But now that phase has passed and I'm back to being quite happy on my own. (Although I've found that my accent has started to get broader. How does that happen?)





I'm roughly keeping up with my schedule of finishing one painting every two months. I've nearly got the third in my Seven Gates done but I'm going to wait until I feel a bit fresher after Christmas to do the finishing touches and fog effects. A mistake with the fog could cost me some serious time so I want to go into it a bit less tired. Here's a sneak peak:



Because I'm living with that painting at the moment to make sure that I don't want to change anything, I've started planning the next two in the series. One required me to buy 500 plastic soldiers and the other has changed radically from my first idea due to it looking too normal. Can't be having that. 




All that remains to be said is have a lovely Christmas (maybe with some crisps on your Christmas dinner?). 

To return to my website, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment